Upgrades to official transcript requests
After releasing transcript requests a few weeks ago, we heard a lot of good ideas from our customers about how we could round out the feature. So last night we released a bunch of handy upgrades to official transcript requests:
- Students who aren’t in Populi (say, a 1960’s-era alum whose transcript has to be mimeographed) can now request and pay for an official transcript. You can fulfill the request outside Populi, but then keep a record of the request and its completion—even if the student himself isn’t in Populi at all.
- Custom delivery methods let you handle “rush” requests. Just create a delivery method and tie it to a fee rule—and now you can properly charge for that transcript the student needs to be overnighted to Stockholm University.
- Web transcripts are now disabled when the student has a grade/transcript or financial lock. There’s also an access counter in the export history so you can see how many times they’ve been downloaded.
- The request detail page now shows you any locks and outstanding financial balances that might make you want to not complete the request. It also has a new cancel/refund function for credit card charges.
- You can embed the request form within another web page and use custom CSS to make it match.
- A new academic setting lets you customize the email that’s sent when a transcript request is fulfilled.
Get all the details in the Populi Knowledge Base!