The Populi crew took the evening of President's Day to release a bunch of new features. Here's a look at what we did...
New stuff in organizations
Organizations now have an Activity Feed; a Members tab to track members, employees, and students with that contact Org; custom info fields, and images.
Email dropboxing is a new feature that lets you post email to a person's Activity Feed from any email client. Check out the video to learn more about how it works.
We also now provide bounce/spam reports for email addresses on Profiles.
New personal settings let you select your local timezone, hide your profile from non-staff users, keep your birthday off the News Feed, as well as let you choose a default Activity Feed visibility setting and generate your email dropbox. We also moved your email signature here.
Library got some new reports and workflows, including:
- Resource batches and Inventory in the Catalog
- Circulation reporting by loan, resource, resource type, home library, and home location
- Browse resources is now exportable
A few new financial items:
- You can now bulk-add tuition schedules from the Data Slicer
- Invoice and transaction numbers are now generated sequentially (previously they were generated every-other-number to avoid potential conflicts)
- You can now print financial aid award letters
- We loosened the financial aid workflow: you no longer need to package aid before invoicing charges to have the aid auto-apply to those charges
- Overaward alerts now exclude declined financial aid
- More detailed totals under Profile > Financial Aid > Summary > Total Aid
- A new setting lets you select the Term you wish to begin automatically generating pending charges—this will be really helpful for schools that want to back-enter financial and billing data